As the world’s premier measurement company, Agilent offers the broadest range of innovative measurement solutions in the industry. The company’s three businesses – Chemical Analysis, Life Sciences and Electronic Measurement – provide customers with products and services that make a real difference in the lives of people everywhere.
The purpose of Agilent Research Laboratories is to power the growth of Agilent Technologies through breakthrough science and technology. The fundamental strengths of Agilent Labs include deep technical expertise, a strong base of technical disciplines, a core competence in transferring technologies to Agilent businesses, and employees who enjoy the richness of a broad, world-class science and engineering environment.
This position will be to design, implement and manage a broad range of information technology-based systems and services for the global library department at Agilent Technologies. You will maintain the department’s intranet presence with a passion for helping to shape a 21st century corporate digital library.
You will also be responsible for ongoing maintenance of library servers and related technology to ensure 24/7 accessibility, functionality and stability for a global employee base. Routinely, you will monitor overall performance and security of library systems.
Also, you will be responsible for identifying solutions to mobile security issues relating to information. This includes access controls and identity management in a large enterprise with a mix of legacy and cloud components.
You will be working with a highly collaborative team of librarians serving the entire company in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. This will allow you to explore and report on emerging technologies as potential library applications, provide regular and consistent updates to management on resolution of technical issues and work with management on long-term strategic plans for the ongoing development of digital technologies that keep pace with current standards.
The ideal candidate must have implemented recent web-based applications using LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, Perl/PHP) based solutions. You will maintain and extend existing library applications as needed by library staff and end users. Website management includes knowledge of the MediaWiki content management system and involves content updating, template management, system upgrades and support and maintenance of AgilePedia, the editable internal encyclopedia of Agilent. The position also requires interaction with our integrated library system vendor for upgrading and maintaining Sirsi Unicorn software.
- The position requires a strong curiosity for identifying and implementing cutting-edge software in the corporate environment.
- Also required is the ability to work within a Linux command shell environment, familiarity with cloud computing and experience delivering information through mobile device platforms.
- You should have knowledge of Wikipedia and MediaWiki syntax and an understanding of the MediaWiki backend system and configuration scripts, databases tables and extensions.
- Excel skills are a given, as are a minimum of 3 years of consecutive IT experience, preferably supporting library systems.
- The position requires excellent communication, teamwork and leadership skills as well as strong analytical skills and decision-making abilities, and the ability to excel on a multidisciplinary project team.
Geo location: Flexible
When applying, please mention that you found this position listing on SLA SV/SF Jobline. Thank you!